For the indecisive amongst us, this creamy cocktail is full of coffee, tea, sweet spice, and everything nice. Rich coffee carries through this cocktail, weaving together the supportive flavors of cinnamon, ginger, and Darjeeling tea. Sweet maple whipped cream is the finishing touch to this luxuriously crafted libation – perfect for afternoons lost in your favorite novel or an after-dinner indulgence.
Combine Mr Black, Spiced Tea, and Woodford Reserve in a shaker tin with ice
Shake for 10-12 seconds, double strain through a fine mesh strainer into a Coupe.
In a measuring cup add Maple Syrup, Oat Milk Creamer, Cinnamon, using a milk frother, agitate 20-30 seconds, or until volume has doubled
Pour into glass over back of spoon to float
Garnish with Star Anise, Orange Peel, and Clove
• -2 cups Water
• -1/4 cup Honey
• -3/4inch Ginger, peeled and sliced thin
• -7 Cloves
• -3-4 Peppercorns
• -4 Cardamom pods, lightly crushed
• -1 Cinnamon Stick
• -1 Star Anise Pod
• -15 grams Orange Peel
• -1 tbsp Black Tea, Darjeeling preferred (or 2 tea sachets)
1. Combine water and honey in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Add Ginger, Cloves, Peppercorns, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Star Anise, and Orange Peel. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15-18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add tea and remove from heat. Allow to steep for 6-8 minutes.
4. Carefully pour through a cheesecloth lined fine mesh strainer and allow to cool.
5. Refrigerate in a sealable container until ready to use.