Whisky, tropical flavours and coffee are three of my favourite things so combining them into a tasty drink has been high up my agenda for a while.
I received a bottle of Jura rum cask whisky which had peat smoke undertones laced with funky rum flavours so knew right away a tiki drink was on the cards. Mr Black and tiki is another favourite combo of mine as the rich chocolately flavours pair well with tiki.
Combining with coco lopez, whisky, a mango miso maple caramel, lime and cinnamon. Ace 👌
Miso maple mango muscovado caramel:
1. Combine a diced mango with peel and stone with 100g dark muscovado sugar and refrigerate for 2 days to create the oleo syrup
2. Add 100g of caster sugar and 50ml water to a pot. Heat and stir to dissolve. Once dissolved, boil until syrup turns golden brown.
3. Remove from heat and top up with 100ml 1:1 late harvest maple syrup water (50ml maple syrup, 50ml water). Return to a low heat and stir.
4. Add 1 tsp white miso paste and stir until dissolved.
5. When cool, combine with the mango oleo syrup
1. Add all ingredients to shaker and reverse dry shake
2. Strain into a chilled coupe
3. Using a leaf stencil, dust over some cinnamon